Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Poor Britney.

Good morning.

Breaking story tonight/this morning folks. It seems that Britney Spears has fallen to a new low in her career. The following is how I came to this conclusion:

I was browsing facebook at this unGodly hour in the morning and discovered that six of my friends had become friends of the Kohl's fan page. I became a fan simply to suggest this page to a friend I knew would appreciate it. After clicking on the link to get to the page to suggest it, I was stunned, confused and felt great pity as I saw Britney Spears, the ultimate pop princess of my generation, posing for Candies shoes in a Kohl's advertisement. What was worse was that the endorsement was exclusive to Kohl's.


After seeing this atrocity, I began to think of all the better endorsements she may have favored but had been denied, or simply wasn't smart enough to consider, perhaps wishing to stay closer to what she felt was her true fanbase, middle(class) America. She couldn't attain an endorsement from Macy's? How about H&M? Nordstrom? No. She was stuck at Kohl's, the little department store that couldn't. Don't get me wrong, I am one who loves the deals and clothes at Kohl's, and too am a member of the middle class, towards the lower end of course. However, even I know what's what. A pop star of Britney's stature should be doing much more higher end endorsements and the ads for Kohl's should be no name models trying to pay the bills off of commercial modeling. Thus, her presence in such an ad and endorsement is simply sad.

In brief: I pity and disapprove.

thank you and goodnight.

0 comments: